Subject: 2006 Call for election
To: Members of the Korean War Veterans Association, Inc.
Positions to be Filled:
According to the KWVA By-Laws, as amended by the General Membership, I am notifying the membership that
Elections will be held in the Spring of 2006, for the following National KWVA positions:
- President, First Vice President, Second Vice President for the years 2006 – 2008.
- The offices of four (4) Directors for the years of 2006 – 2009.
No later than February 15, 2006 any regular member in good standing of the Korean War Veterans Association,
Inc., seeking to run for President, First Vice President, Second Vice President, or Director shall make their
intentions known to the Chairman of the Nominating Committee - Robert Banker - in writing, using the following
- Must present proof of service by submitting a separate signed Official Membership Application Form,
[Adopted 10/04/2005] showing eligible service years and a statement releasing the Application Form for
verification by the Nominating Committee (No fee required).
- Must present a current photograph suitable for publication in the The Graybeards.
- Must submit a letter with the following:
- Their intent to run for an office and the office, sought.
- A resume of their qualifications for this office stating any experience that will be of benefit to the
- Their current mailing address, telephone number and KWVA membership number.
- This letter will be limited to approximately one typed page.
- A statement that they will attend all called meetings of the Board of Directors and that they understand
that two (2) unexcused absences could be used for their removal from office.
- They must sign a statement that their dues are current through the whole of the term of office they are
seeking. Payment of delinquent dues shall not be retroactive for the purpose of establishing eligibility to
run for office within the Association.
- Send the above items by certified mail, return receipt requested, to the Nominating Committee Chairman to
arrive not later than February 15, 2006.
Nominees are requested to contact the Nominating Committee Chairman if they have any questions.
Application and Questions are to be addressed to:
Robert S. Banker, Chairman
516 Millwood Dr
Fallston, MD 21047
The process is as follows: The Nominating Committee certifies the candidates that are qualified to stand for
office. The declarations are sent to the Editor of The Graybeards for publication in the March-April edition, or
earlier. The ballots are published in only the March-April edition. Members then cast their ballots by June
10th, wherein a CPA counts the ballots and reports to the Nominating Committee. This is a terrific opportunity
to participate in the management and future direction of the organization. We hope we’ll see a spirited
competition for the slots available.
Bill Hutton, National Secretary